Nerve pain, or neuropathy can be caused by a number of different reasons. Among the most common causes are HIV, Aids, Cancer, Diabetes and Physical injuries. Nerve pain can be really annoying, and of not treated, it can convert into a disease to ruin your life.
Nerve pain, in any shape or form, and limit your ability to enjoy life, and move around freely. It can also lead to depression and sleep problems down the road.
The Causes of Nerve Pain
Nerve are everywhere in our body. They help regulate our muscles, and provide us with the feeling of hit, cold and pain etc. When we accidentally touch a hot pot, nerves create a sensation of pain which make us immediately pull our hand back.
Here are some of the popular cause of nerve pain.
- People with cancer usually suffer from nerve pain. A cancerous tumor can put undue pressure on the nerves around it to cause excessive nerve pain. Additionally, chemo and other cancer treatments can also weaken/ damage the nerves to cause pain.
- Patients of HIV might also suffer from nerve pain. One in every three HIV patients suffer from nerve pain.
- Diabetes is one of the most common causes of nerve pain. Many people with diabetes end up with nerve pain as well.
- Physical Injuries are also a common cause of nerve pain.
Here are some of the most commonly applied methods for neuropathy treatment.
- Pain relief lotions and creams are the most used treatment in this scenario.
- Supplements are used for long term nerve pain relief in chronic diseases. These are usually the most effective way of treating the pain.
- Painkillers are good for short term pain relief. They give your nerves enough time to heal while the pain is being stopped.